An Overview of the Daily Ongoings of Zach Ricci-Braum

19 June 2011

The Past Few Days

I’ll be the first to admit that my lack of posting over the past couple days has been in part because I have been tired and in part because I have been busy doing absolutely nothing.  Quite busy, actually.  Even now I feel supremely distracted……by nothing.  As I have a few days to recount, I think I had better get down to business.  First and foremost I have to discuss orientation.  After a day of meetings and discussions about school I feel no more oriented than when I got there.  The value of the say was in scheduling, learning the finer points of my scholarship, finding where to apply for a job and in meeting some more advisors and people that I will need to know.  It took upwards of an hour and a half to work out my business for the next year.  The good thing is that it is taken care of.  My residence hall, Braxton Tower, is about forty or so feet from five tennis courts and less than a quarter mile form the rec center.  What a bonus to living on the Evansdale campus.  To me that is better than living downtown.  But everything will work out for the best it has up until this point.  When I made it back to my aunt and uncle’s house the power was out.  So I had no power and a dead phone.  No internet and no blog.  Pretty much played cards for a while and then ended up in bed.  The next day I didn’t do a whole lot, and the day after that was like the first.  Today we went out to breakfast at a local diner and then to a local historical site.  The volunteers there still dress in period clothing and tell you about the site.  It was a good time.  Then potato pancakes, as tradition prescribes, and packing up and moving out.  Now I am in the car home with minimal energy, so I guess I’ll stop writing for now, I realize that I have done a shoddy job lately and I will make an effort to get a little more sleep and to improve the quality of my posts!  Hopefully this guy can put as much humor in here as there are bad Asian drivers.  So until later, take care.  -Z

No comments:

Post a Comment